TOKYO -; Sony's CEO Kazuo Hirai says the company's board will discuss a proposal by U.S. hedge fund manager Daniel Loeb to spin off up to 20 percent of its movie, TV and music ...
Google Inc's tax affairs will come under renewed scrutiny in Britain on Wednesday when the leader of the opposition Labour party accuses the Internet company of wrongly going to "extraordinary lengths" to avoid paying tax. In comments designed to politically outflank Prime Minister David Cameron ahead of next month's G8 summit on what has become a high-profile issue, Ed ...
Growing concern in European capitals about aggressive tax avoidance by high-profile corporations such as Amazon, Google and Apple looks set to steal the agenda of a European Union summit in ...
that the US government will be using drones to spy on its citizens might not have any basis, as its security forces move towards satellite spying instead. In September, the US government will fire into orbit a two-stage rocket from a Virginia launchpad. According to official reports, the mission is scientific one, designed to improve America's ability to send small satellites into space ...
of immigration reform in the US has been halted by partisan bickering for years, and it might be about to start taking its toll on the economy, coupled with less than stellar high school education. New York state faces a shortfall of thousands of skilled techies to sustain the growth of its tech sector ...
Wild at Heart [DVD]
The title of David Lynchs Wild at Heart thuds onto the screen one word at a time against a backdrop of ravenous flames--Wild (thud!) at (thud!) Heart (thud!)--immediately suggesting what is to come: a film that is deliriously and violently alive, one that h ... ...
, while AMD has been trying to boost its mobile processing range it seems that Qualcomm and Samsung have used the interest in smartphones and tablets to their advantage. Unfettered by the slump in the PC market and with products in place to take advantage of the interest in tablets and smartphones, Qualcomm and Samsung have managed to push AMD off the second and third rankings to a dismissal ...
, Brian Krzanich, has surprised analysts by ordering a sweeping company reorganization. It had been thought that Krzanich would keep the status quo ...
Chrome browser for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Armed with the catchy title of "version 27" the browser is apparently five percent faster at loading pages than earlier versions. Anyone who can spot a five percent speed increase without monitoring tools is probably imagining it, but it does show the level of programming skill that Google is throwing behind its new ...
HTC is trying to reinvent itself and transform its somewhat geeky brand image. It's off to a good start, as its flagship HTC One handset is getting very positive reviews and ...
PHOENIX -- It was the customer service disaster heard around the Internet.An Arizona restaurateur, fed up after years of negative online reviews and an embarrassing appearance on a reality television show, posted a social media rant laced with salty language and angry, uppercase letters that quickly went viral last week, to the delight of people who love a good Internet meltdown."I AM NOT ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hawaii Hotel
This 5 star resort hotel is about 10 minutes drive from Waikiki, around from Diamond Head. The hotel was the ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Dallas SunDallas Sun | Breaking News in Dallas | Texas State Updates
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Dallas news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible. This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Dallas Sun is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Dallas. We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Dallas weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Dallas Sun is for you. Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Deadly US Twister Hits Tornado Alley
- Feds vs. feds over Texas blast
- Retired pathologist believes in cancer society
- Fort Worth considering new pay arrangement for injured cop
- Chemical Safety Board says ATF Texas fire marshal blocking its probe of fatal plant blast
- U.S. dollar slips against euro after Fed official remarks
- T. rex cousin fed more like falcon than crocodile
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Microsoft unveils new all-in-one Xbox console
- Microsoft Unveils New Xbox One Game Console
- Wests need for air tankers trumps contract concerns
- Teachers showed courage in the face of Oklahoma tornado
- IRS AP Libya scandals A trifecta with little payout
- Richard Davis Abortion laws should keep up with advances
- Letters Consumers last word
- One trillion euro tax evasion to be tackled says Barroso
- Overall economy likely to pick up in Q2 says German central bank
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Housing market picking up in UK
- ESPN layoffs 7000 workers as TV rights fees rise
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Paulina Rubio to be judge on `X Factor
- Paris Hiltons beau shoves harassing female fan at Cannes
- Ang Lee pulls out of television project Tyrant citing fatigue from four years working on Life of Pi
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Dallas Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Wolf set for first big league start vs. Parker As
- High winds visit Dallas area but heavy rain mostly dodges the Metroplex
- Pedestrian hit by car in Arlington taken to hospital by helicopter
- Rangers unable to back Darvish blanked by As
- Dallas Stars to unveil new uniform logo in rebranding effort