An accomplished 62 from Ryan Palmer has earned the American a one-shot lead after the first round of the Crowne Plaza Invitational in Texas.In what is a home event for the Amarillo-born Palmer, he made the most of calm conditions in the morning at the Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth to post an impressive opening round of eight under.Palmer went bogey-free on Thursday, with four birdies on ...
The former home of Roger Staubach and his family has an expansive patio with swimming pool for family events. Roger Staubach's former family home in North Dallas has landed on the market, with an asking price of $1.1 million. The home on a large cul-de-sac lot at 6912 Edelweiss Circle is 8,708 square feet of living space, with five bedrooms and eight-and-a-half bathrooms. It is one of the ...
AT&T has added a 61 cent administrative fee to the bills of its contract wireless customers. In a move that could result an additional half-billion dollars in revenue a year, Dallas-based AT&T announced that it has added a new month 61 cent administrative fee to its wireless contract customers. The fee went into effect on May 1, the Wall Street Journal reported. The charge is a so-called ...
Dallas school board members voted to fire the principals at Madison and Roosevelt high school Thursday night, capping months of heated debate over the district’s campus leadership overhaul efforts. The vote was 7 to 2, with trustees Bernadette Nutall and Carla Ranger voting against it. The two principals fired were Marian Willard at Madison and Leicha Shaver at Roosevelt. Willard joined ...
Eric Cowan, Dallas ISD board president Trustee Eric Cowan became Dallas ISD’s new board president on Thursday, with trustees offering no other nominee for the post. The board president is the most powerful position on the school board. The person helps set the board's meeting agenda, makes committee chair appointments and presides over board meetings. Cowan, a trustee since 2010, ...
Winds: From the SSE at 9.8 MPH Gusting to 10.0 MPH
Not since the release of Roman Polanskis angry, blood-drenched adaptation of Macbeth (1971) in the wake of the Manson murders, Altamont, and Vietnam has a cinematic adaptation of a Shakespearean tragedy felt so timely as Ralph Fienness Coriolanus. The play, which is more than ... ...
Dallas Cowboys lineman Joshua Brent could be in trouble again. The Dallas County District Attorney’s office has filed a motion to revoke Brent’s bond on intoxication manslaughter charges, alleging that Brent violated his bond by either drinking alcohol or being around it. Brent, 25, was indicted for a December drinking and driving one-car crash in Irving that left his best friend ...
Stanley A. Wilson of Dallas Fire-Rescue (File/courtesy photo). The widow of fallen Dallas firefighter Stanley Wilson thanked the community for their support in a statement to the media Thursday. Jenny Wilson and her 16-year-old son Noah both gave brief on-camera statements to the news media. Both honored Wilson, 51, whodied in ...
06:30 PM ET 05.23 | Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak believes Dwight Howard will take a return to Los Angeles seriously. The Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that Howard is also interested in Dallas, Houston, Golden State and Atlanta as free agency destinations. But he will also consider the Lakers, whose coach, Mike D'Antoni, is rumored to have rubbed Howard the wrong way. Kupchak ...
05:58 PM ET 05.23 | On the same day coach Mike Krzyzewski announced he would return to coach Team USA, his assistant, Nate McMillan, said he won't. McMillan is currently searching for a head coaching opportunity that would fit him. ...
06:11 PM ET 05.23 | Kobe Bryant may not have a chance to usurp Michael Jordan for greatest ever, but he's in the running for having the greatest longevity. The Los Angeles Lakers guard was named to the All-NBA First Team on Thursday, the 11th time he's appeared on the first team and the 15th time he's been on the list overall. That ties him with former Utah Jazz forward Karl ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Hotel InterContinental Singapore
I took a taxi from Changi International Airport, and arrived about 15 minutes later at the InterContinental. The cab fare ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Dallas SunDallas Sun | Breaking News in Dallas | Texas State Updates
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Dallas news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible. This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Dallas Sun is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Dallas. We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Dallas weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Dallas Sun is for you. Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Health Services Encourage Heat Safety
- Texas passes law permitting Nativity scenes in schools
- Local boy Palmer leads in Fort Worth
- Concealed handgun measure triggers fight among Texas lawmakers
- During holiday 2.9 million Texans expected to leave home
- Chidambaram says U.S. Federal Reserves statement misunderstood calls for calm
- FCC hopes to avoid end of world for cell phones
- The chicken poop credit and other bad tax breaks
- Poor hit hardest by Washington budget cuts
- Stocks Calm returns as holiday beckons
- Boys stem cells successfully treat cerebral palsy
- Turning off technology hours before bedtime promotes sound sleep
- Breast cancer cells release protective proteins that suppress tumour growth
- H7N9 flu virus transmitted through close contact coughing
- Secrets behind itching revealed
- Newspaper unfair to Minneapolis police
- Proposed lower alcohol limit for drivers too severe
- Barack ‘prosecutes’ his war
- The J-joke’s on us
- Clothing the world shouldn’t be a death sentence
- New US meat labeling rules upsets Canada
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- 2 Ford units to be shut in Australia in Oct 2016
- European golf tour head apologises for using coloured term while referring to Woods-Garcia spat
- IPL fixers should be banned government must act Sharad Yadav
- TV characters slammed for on-screen unhealthy lifestyles
- Janet Jackson becomes a billionaire
- Madonna recalls meeting Kim Kardashian as a baby
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Dallas Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Local boy Palmer leads in Fort Worth
- Roger Staubachs former home lands on the Dallas market
- ATT tacks 61 cent administrative fee on wireless customers bills
- Dallas ISD trustees vote to fire principals at Madison and Roosevelt high schools
- Eric Cowan becomes Dallas ISDs new board president