A flight from Melbourne to Qatar was diverted to India on Wednesday, in a desperate attempt to save an Irish man on board. The man, Raymond McMorrow, 68, is believed to have had a heart attack on board Qatar Airways flight QR 031 while in transit from Melbourne to Doha, the Qatar capital. The Qatar Airways plane landed without incident at Cochin Airport, in southern India, where an ...
Britain had to scramble fighter jets Friday for escorting a Pakistani International Airlines (PIA) plane after it was diverted from Manchester. The PIA plane was diverted from Manchester to Stansted airport, reported BBC, citing a Manchester airport spokesperson Friday. The plane, flight number PK709, carrying 297 passengers, had reportedly left Lahore at 09.35 a.m. and was due in at ...
Tourism Act of 2012 and a new national tourism strategy that will look into funding to revitalise tourism. Phyllis Kandie, Cabinet Secretary for East African Affairs, Commerce ...
Summer doesn't really arrive in the Jersey Shore until you see the season's staple: planes flying banners across the sky. NBC's Katy Tur goes behind the scenes to see how one company gets those banners off the ...
Entertainment has always been a part of the Shore, from the first Miss America pageant and Frank Sinatra's performances there decades ago to MTV's "Jersey Shore" and HBO's "Boardwalk Empire." TODAY takes a look back at how the Shore became a household ...
Winds: From the ESE at 6.1 MPH Gusting to 6.1 MPH
Night on Earth [DVD]
Jim Jarmusch's idiosyncratic humor and insightful, but subtle observations of human life were given their first jolt of star power in his international coproduction Night on Earth, an ambitious five-part anthology film that travels along with five different cab drivers in five ... ...
Herkimer One of the greatest joys of camping is emerging from your tent to find the night skies ablaze with stars and planets. But some travelers have a thing about sleeping on the cold, hard ground encased in vinyl. This summer, would-be stargazers who don't want to rough it will find an intriguing new option.Unleash your inner Galileo at Kampgrounds of America's (KOA) "Astronomy ...
Princess passengers can save up to $700 per couple on air costs with a Memorial Day sale. The bargain includes 60 cruises to Hawaii, Tahiti, Asia and Europe. Examples include: - Tahiti cruise, 10 days: ...
All Nippon Airways, Japan's largest airline, will resume flying the Boeing 787 Dreamliner this weekend, a few days earlier than expected. ANA will operate five non-scheduled, domestic flights on the ...
NEW: An unruly passenger prompted the diversion, a top airline official says The plane from Lahore, Pakistan, had 297 passengers aboard Two men were arrested and removed from the diverted aircraft, Essex Police say The Pakistan International Airlines flight to Manchester was diverted to ...
Two men arrested after RAF Typhoon fighter jets are scrambled to escort Pakistan Airlines passenger plane to Stansted
Two men were arrested at Stansted Airport on suspicion of endangerment of an aircraft today after an RAF Typhoon jet was scrambled to escort a passenger plane travelling from Pakistan to the UK, Essex Police ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
THE WESTIN, LOS ANGELES AIRPORT
This was the second time I had reviewed this hotel. I understand it recently underwent a $15 million refurbishment, and ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Dallas SunDallas Sun | Breaking News in Dallas | Texas State Updates
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Dallas news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible. This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Dallas Sun is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Dallas. We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Dallas weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Dallas Sun is for you. Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Texas officer on leave after shooting neighbors cat with arrow
- The Port Arthur Steam Cracker in Texas is Now Processing Ethane from Shale Gas
- Insurance losses on North Texas twisters reach estimated $250M
- Frontier Communications moves 27 jobs from NY to Texas
- Health Services Encourage Heat Safety
- Breast cancer trigger found by Salk researchers
- Makers Quarter Next It place
- San Diego Gymnastics opens in Otay Ranch Town Center
- Popular bayfront shuttle returns
- What if mortgage rates shoot up
- Heart healthy lifestyle may help protect kidney patients from dying prematurely
- Drug target to boost bodys natural flu killer identified
- Boys stem cells successfully treat cerebral palsy
- Turning off technology hours before bedtime promotes sound sleep
- Breast cancer cells release protective proteins that suppress tumour growth
- Foreign policy impotence gripping U.S.
- Dear Tiny Desk Miss You
- Whos The Best Drinker Dogs Cats Or Pigeons
- Plimpton A Fond Look At A Man Of Letters
- Breakin The Rules 20 General Principles Suspended In Fast And Furious 6
- New US meat labeling rules upsets Canada
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- 2 Ford units to be shut in Australia in Oct 2016
- IPL fixers should be banned government must act Sharad Yadav
- TV characters slammed for on-screen unhealthy lifestyles
- Janet Jackson becomes a billionaire
- European golf tour head apologises for using coloured term while referring to Woods-Garcia spat
- Katie Another Executive Producer Exits
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Dallas Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- 50 homeless animals move to Dallas as Oklahoma recovers from tornado
- Former SMU student acquitted in rape trial ready to move on hopes to use experience to help others
- Scattered showers thunderstorms will be hit or miss around Dallas-Fort Worth today
- Overturned semi snarls morning rush on Central Expressway in Richardson
- Pentagon lowers cost of F-35 program by 1.1 percent