Americans are at their most optimistic since 2007 according to a Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan index of consumer sentiment. The preliminary index has shown optimism increased to 83.7 in May as stocks surged and real estate climbed. With record stock prices boosting household wealth and unemployment down in some areas, consumers were able to see their way through the effects of ...
A run-up in the stock price of Apple supplier Suzhou Anjie Technology lifted the company's controlling shareholders into to the world's billionaire ranks last week. Shares in Anjie, an insulation supplier, rose from 72.1 yuan, or $11.8, on May 10 at the Shenzhen Stock Exchange to 89.1 yuan on Thursday. They ended the week at 87.88 yuan on Friday. Chairman Wang Chunsheng and his wife, ...
Russia developing lethal autonomous robots to help engage in the fight on terrorism, the government said on Friday. You might have thought the world of lethal autonomous robots would be sole be here in the United States, or Japan. Both countries are working on their own version of robotic soldiers. And now Russia has joined their ranks. Only their robo-cop has terrorists in its cross-hairs. ...
Jennifer Lopez Miley Cyrus Taylor Swift Selena Gomez Nicki Minaj At The Billboard Music Awards Red Carpet
LAS VEGAS, NV - MAY 19: Miley Cyrus arrives at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 19, 2013 in Las Vegas, ...
won their 20th top flight and their 13th Premier League championship. In the sober light of day this one will go down as testament to the drive of retiring manager Sir Alex Ferguson and his burning desire to knock Manchester City off their expensive but temporary BPL ...
Winds: From the South at 32.6 MPH Gusting to 32.6 MPH
Where the Wild Things Are
In his first feature film in eight years (and the first not from a Charlie Kaufman screenplay), Spike Jonze again returns to the thin line between fantasy and reality in adapting Maurice Sendaks beloved 1963 childrens book Where the Wild Things Are. It is n ... ...
Some companies in China are starting to worry about a stronger yuan. For China's currency, the yuan, there is no turning back. This currency is gaining on the dollar each year. The government wants to make it a fully convertible, tradable currency. It's on its way. And along those travels, exporters are getting a taste of their own Chinese medicine: they're getting out-priced by ...
baffled even core developers for the virtual currency. Who is Satoshi Nakamoto, the pseudonym for the person or group of people who came up with the original idea for the electronic cash system in 2008? After contributing thousands of lines of code and hundreds of posts on Bitcoin, Nakamoto sent a note to a developer in April 2011 saying that he had "moved on to other things." Later ...
Outgoing acting Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Commissioner Steve Miller testifies before a full House Ways and Means committee hearing on 'Internal Revenue Service Targeting Conservative Groups' on Capitol Hill in Washington on May 17, 2013. US President Barack Obama sacked the acting head of the US Internal Revenue Service on May 15 over a scandal sparked when officials unfairly ...
Despite having a decent Metacritic rating of 73, the Star Trek Into Darkness movie failed to build on the domestic success that the original JJ Abrams reboot had established four years ago. The film, which was forecast to break the $100 million barrier over its extended weekend launch, made just $84 million ($2 million Wednesday, $11.5 million Thursday, $22 million Friday, $27.2 million Saturday ...
Bond restructurings, negotiated settlements with bondholders and bond insurers, and tough talk with unionized workers are on the agenda as Detroit's emergency financial manager tries to meet a self-imposed, six-week deadline to decide whether the city can get through its financial crisis without a bankruptcy filing.Kevyn Orr, a former bankruptcy lawyer, in his first report to the state of ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
London Marriott Park Lane
Having taken the Heathrow Express to Paddinton station (a 15 minute ride, with trains running every 15 minutes), I then ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Dallas SunDallas Sun | Breaking News in Dallas | Texas State Updates
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Dallas news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible. This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Dallas Sun is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Dallas. We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Dallas weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Dallas Sun is for you. Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- New needleless acupuncture therapy reduces diabetics indigestion symptoms
- Bae makes Bradley pay in Texas
- Slight chance of severe storms in North Texas
- Arlington Family Loses English Bulldog Puppy in Burglary
- Driver injured after his pickup crashes into a Fort Worth fire truck
- Americans happier with economic figures
- Apple Supplier Anjies Stock Rally Lifts Chinese Couple Into Billionaire Wealth Ranks
- Russia Building Terrorist Killing Robo-Cop
- Jennifer Lopez Miley Cyrus Taylor Swift Selena Gomez Nicki Minaj At The Billboard Music Awards Red Carpet
- The 201213 Barclays Premier League In Thoughts and Numbers
- New colonoscope could revolutionize colorectal cancer screening
- Berlusconis bunga bunga parties featured nuns and nurses but no sex
- Angelina Jolie to play own mum in new biopic
- Darker skin also prone to skin cancer
- Medical aid on sail - documenting the boat clinics of Assam
- No Obama wont be impeached Column
- Deficit dips but still more to do Your Say
- Lower alcohol limit is not cure-all for DUIs tellusatoday
- Why Ted Cruz isnt presidential material Column
- Rogue banks remain too big to fail Our view
- Large rally places job demands on Italian government
- Americans happier with economic figures
- Financial paper hacked by Syrians
- Hackers target important Saudi websites
- Target looks for new ideas from digital world
- Airlines offer big discounts for domestic flights to Hainan during off-season
- Two airlines to open this fiscal year in Iran
- US- Airlines decrease total losses to USD552m in Q1
- Airline takes couple to the wrong continent
- Adagold Aviation offers a charter flight solution from Brisbane to Mount Hotham direct
- No commercials TV channel starts broadcast in Russia
- Iran executes two spies working for CIA Mossad
- Ryan Fogle U.S. Embassy Employee Accused Of Being CIA Spy Leaves Russia NTV Television Reports
- Television Review The Goodwin Games With Beau Bridges on Fox
- Television Review Motive New Crime Drama on ABC
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Dallas Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- J.R. Smith very likely to test free agency and leave Knicks MAY 19
- Todays MLB starting lineups May 19
- Texas Rangers place Ian Kinsler on DL recall Jurickson Profar
- Sounders FC vs. FC Dallas lineups
- Minority Clearwire shareholders oppose Sprint offer