Ross Wolf will not have an easy task in his first Major League start. The 30-year-old, who has 25 big league appearances but none in a starting role, will face the Athletics, who have won five straight games and are going for a series sweep of the Rangers on Wednesday afternoon. Wolf will be starting in place of Nick Tepesch, who was scratched from the start with a blister on his right middle ...
The Dallas area was blasted by strong winds as a squall line moved through on the afternoon of Tuesday, May 21. Rainfall was rather skimpy west of I-35, but brought street-flooding downpours to McKinney and ...
A woman was hit by a car Tuesday night at the corner of Park Row Drive and South Collins Street in Arlington, authorities said. The woman has been taken by helicopter to Medical Center of Arlington. Her condition is unknown. Arlington authorities said the car’s driver stuck around after the crash, which occurred around 9:45 p.m. ...
OAK@TEX: Andrus dives and tosses Young out at first ARLINGTON -- Yu Darvish didn't get his usual run support in a pitching duel against Dan Straily, and the Rangers lost to the Athletics, 1-0, on an unusually cool Tuesday night at the Ballpark in Arlington. Darvish allowed just a third-inning home run to Yoenis Cespedes, but ended up with his second loss of the season. The Rangers have ...
The Dallas Stars plan to unveil a new uniform, as well as a new logo, next month. The Dallas Stars plan to update the team's look with a new uniform design, as well as a new logo in a rebranding effort aimed at bringing renewed attention to the National Hockey League club. Ever since Stars Owner Tom Gaglardi purchased the team a year-and-a-half ago, the club has been working on a rebranding ...
59.2°F Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the NNW at 6.1 MPH Gusting to 6.1 MPH
Wild at Heart [DVD]
The title of David Lynchs Wild at Heart thuds onto the screen one word at a time against a backdrop of ravenous flames--Wild (thud!) at (thud!) Heart (thud!)--immediately suggesting what is to come: a film that is deliriously and violently alive, one that h ... ...
Orlando Magic head coach Stan Van Gundy has pulled himself out of consideration. Van Gundy, in an interview with 1080 The Team in Orlando, plainly stated that he would not be an NBA coach in 2013-2014. This announcement came on the heels of a report by Yahoo!'s Adrian Wojanarowski that placed Van Gundy as "unlikely" to coach next season, but on the heels of interviews with ...
4 2B: Oak 1, J. Jaso (5). HR: Oak 1, Y. Cespedes (9). HR Detail: Oak, Y. Cespedes (Inning: 3 , 2 Out, 0 on) off Y. Darvish. Scoring Position: Oak - 0 for 2.Tex - 0 for ...
New era, same lousy lottery luck for the Mavericks. Their first trip in 13 years into thederby for non-playoff teams went the same way all of them did back in the '90s through 2000, when the Mavericks were regulars at this event. With only a 0.6 percent chance of winning the top pick in the NBA draft lottery, president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson sat on the podium in New York ...
Email ARLINGTON -- The Rangers have scratched pitcher Nick Tepesch from Wednesday's start with a blister on his right middle finger. The club is planning to recall right-hander Ross Wolf from Triple-A Round Rock to start against the Athletics. Wolf is 1-1 with a 1.85 ERA in six starts for Round Rock while holding opponents to a .223 batting average. In 34 innings, he has allowed 27 hits, ...
ARLINGTON -- The Rangers called up left-hander Neal Cotts on Tuesday from Triple-A Round Rock, almost four years to the day when he last pitched in the Major Leagues. Cotts was 3-1 with a 0.78 ERA in 15 games for Round Rock, holding opponents to a .171 batting average. He had not allowed a hit to a left-handed hitter in 23 innings. "I'm really excited, definitely a lot of ups and ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hawaii Hotel
This 5 star resort hotel is about 10 minutes drive from Waikiki, around from Diamond Head. The hotel was the ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Dallas SunDallas Sun | Breaking News in Dallas | Texas State Updates
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Dallas news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible. This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Dallas Sun is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Dallas. We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Dallas weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Dallas Sun is for you. Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Of the forty five U.S. senators who voted down Wednesday's gun reform bill, 42 have received funding from arms manufacturers or their agents.
The London newspaper The Guardian revealed the statistic on Thursday citing a study dating back to 1990.
On Capitol Hill, 45% of the Senate was able to derail a proposal that polls say is supported by roughly 90% of Americans.
"Everyone who voted yesterday knows after reading that bill, in their heart of hearts, that the bill would have made America safer," MSNBC's co-host Mika Brzezinski said on Thursday's Morning Joe. "We are the 90%," his co-host Joe Scarborough added. "And 90% will not be ignored."
Forty one Republicans voted against the bill, as did four Democrats.
"All in all this was a pretty shameful day for Washington," President Barack Obamai, in company with victims of gun violence, told a press conference in the Rose Garden Wednesday.
Seven amendments were put up, covering assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and straw purchases. All 7 amendments were defeated.
The senators who opposed the bills were:
1. Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
2. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
3. Sen. ...
- Deadly US Twister Hits Tornado Alley
- Feds vs. feds over Texas blast
- Retired pathologist believes in cancer society
- Fort Worth considering new pay arrangement for injured cop
- Chemical Safety Board says ATF Texas fire marshal blocking its probe of fatal plant blast
- Microsoft unveils new all-in-one Xbox console
- Microsoft Unveils New Xbox One Game Console
- Season Ending Thoughts On The Top Of The 201213 EPL Table
- The Xbox One Is Targeting The Largest Market Of All Television Watchers
- $105000 Trip Of A Lifetime - The World By Private Jet With Abercrombie Kent Founder
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- Azad meets US Health Secretary Sebelius
- Michael Douglas fights back tears at Cannes
- Radioactive nanoparticles that target cancer cells developed
- Indo-China bilateral meet on healthcare sector held at Geneva
- IRS AP Libya scandals A trifecta with little payout
- Richard Davis Abortion laws should keep up with advances
- Letters Consumers last word
- Letters Move to the center
- Letters Disaster vs. disease
- One trillion euro tax evasion to be tackled says Barroso
- Overall economy likely to pick up in Q2 says German central bank
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Housing market picking up in UK
- Brazils Embraer to sell 40 jets to US airline
- US senators approve immigration changes requiring fingerprint system at 30 airports
- Now enjoy Ramen Noodles onboard Japans ANA flights
- Union takes Qantas concerns to airport
- Hainan Airlines chooses Ghana as first African investment destination
- Paulina Rubio to be judge on `X Factor
- Paris Hiltons beau shoves harassing female fan at Cannes
- IPL Spot-fixing TV star Vindu Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Maarty Broekman wants to work with Alesha Dixon
- Too much time indoors may damage kids eyes
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Dallas Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Wolf set for first big league start vs. Parker As
- High winds visit Dallas area but heavy rain mostly dodges the Metroplex
- Pedestrian hit by car in Arlington taken to hospital by helicopter
- Rangers unable to back Darvish blanked by As
- Dallas Stars to unveil new uniform logo in rebranding effort